BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MySpace 1.0 Layouts »

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

2 Single Story 2011

"DaInger of a Single Story"
We watched a video about this women name Chimamanda Adichie shes from Africa.

  1. What does it mean to have a 'single story' about a place or community?Well personal for me I think is about when your different from others and your in there culture.Is if I go to Africa I'm the only Hispanic person there so basically is that I have a single story in that place.
  2. Describe a single story you have heard told about your community. What is missing from that story? How could people learn more about that community?I have heard a lot of story's about people that they are in a plane or somewhere else that the employers that work there or do.They ask sometimes to other people(Mexican)that if they can translate to other people who can't understand English.People are so stupid that sometimes they don't think before saying something that would hurt other people just because you look at somebody that is dark,light.or whatever.They think that they know English or Spanish" like that".That's almost being racism.
  3. Describe a single story you have heard about another community. How did you learn that story? How could you find out more about that community?I learned that I should be more careful what I say to people because  I may never know if they hurt there feelings or it maybe not.Never judge  a person that is different about you and they don't have the same things as you and think twice before saying something that you don't know them.
  4. How could a game let players experience many stories about a place or community?I would make a game about world hunger so I can show people who are greedy and they just don't care about it because they are not in the situation.We should respect each other because we are humans and we all breath the same air. We are different about cultures,color but that does not make any difference we are all creatures.

    0 comments: